The school is open to both swiss and international young physicists. PhD students are especially encouraged to attend. The 2023 CHIPP winter school of particle physics will be in Leukerbad at the Hotel Regina Terme.
The Swiss Institute for Particle Physics (CHIPP) hosts an annual winter school based on the activities of the swiss institutes involved in particle and astro-particle physics. The purpose of the school is to offer young physicists an opportunity to learn about recent advances in elementary-particle physics from local and world-leading researchers. The school program includes lectures on accelerator and non-accelerator particle physics (detectors, LHC physics, neutrinos, astrophysics, flavor physics) from an experimental and phenomenological perspective.
- Collider Physics (Tobias Golling – Uni Geneva)
- Detectors (Anna Macchiolo - UZH)
- Astroparticle physics (Andrii Neronov - APC Paris and EPFL)
- Neutrino Physics (Alain Blondel – LPNHE Paris)
- Flavour Physics (Andreas Crivellin - UZH and PSI)
- Machine Learning in Particle Physics (Federico Meloni - DESY)
- Low Energy Physics (Paolo Crivelli - ETH Zürich)
Annapaola De Cosa – ETH Zürich
Lesya Shchutska – EPFL