The Swiss Institute for Particle Physics (CHIPP) hosts its annual winter school !
- Detectors (Anna Macchiolo - UZH)
- Astroparticle Physics (Andrii Neronov - APC Paris and EPFL)
- Neutrino Physics (Alain Blondel - UniGe and LPNHE Paris)
- Flavour Physics (Andreas Crivellin - UZH and PSI)
- Machine Learning in Particle Physics (Federico Meloni - DESY)
- Low Energy Physics (Paolo Crivelli - ETHZ)
- The school is open to both swiss and international young physicists.
PhD students are especially encouraged to attend.
The 2023 CHIPP winter school of particle physics will be in Leukerbad at the Hotel Regina Terme.
The cost of the school (full boarding) is 800 CHF.
The event is kindly supported by the Swiss Institute of Particle Phsyics and the Swiss Academy of Sciences
The Swiss Institute for Particle Physics (CHIPP) hosts an annual winter school based on the activities of the swiss institutes involved in particle and astro-particle physics. The purpose of the school is to offer young physicists an opportunity to learn about recent advances in elementary-particle physics from local and world-leading researchers. The school program includes lectures on accelerator and non-accelerator particle physics (detectors, LHC physics, neutrinos, astrophysics, flavor physics) from an experimental and phenomenological perspective.
Sixth Machine Learning in High Energy Physics Summer School 2020
The Sixth Machine Learning summer school organised by Yandex School of Data Analysis, Laboratory of Methods for Big Data Analysis of National Research University Higher School of Economics, and High Energy Physics Laboratory LPHE at EPFL will be held at EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland from the 16th to 30th of July 2020.
The materials of the summer school started to emerge as a free online course.
Currently, there are two sections out of six. More to come soon.
Any feedback is appreciated!